Meditation expert and author Light Watkins has been featured in:
What kind of meditation offering is this?
Vedic Meditation is a secular meditation technique, best suited for beginners with busy minds and busy schedules. It's taught on location over four consecutive 90-minute sessions by Light Watkins. During the training, Light will provide you with a personalized mantra and instructions for meditating on your own (without the need for guidance, apps, or videos). Light also offers private and corporate courses, and retreats. What makes this offering unique is both the level of comprehensive instruction you receive, and that once you learn, you'll have free access to the trainings for life. The next step is to register for an in-person "Intro to Meditation" orientation with Light in Chicago. Click here to schedule your appointment.
Our core beliefs
- Every participant should receive the same quality of comprehensive instruction
- Make each participant self-sufficient by the end of their four-day course
- Continue to provide quality support to all meditators we teach, at no extra cost
This meditation training is for you if you are looking to:
- Get more structure in your practice
- Receive ongoing support
- Join a community of other meditators
- Improve your current practice
- Enjoy meditating each day
- Receive guidance from a 15+ year expert
- Learn how to meditate from scratch
- Receive 1-on-1 personalized instruction
- Become a self-sufficient meditator
- Pay only once for a lifetime of classes
What this is not
- Guided meditation
- A meditation app
- A drop-in meditation class
- Digitalized instruction
- A silent meditation retreat
Meet Light Watkins
Commonly-experienced benefits of meditation:
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Improved memory
- Decreased biological aging
- Improved sexual performance
- Better sleep
- Increased happiness
- Improved focus and productivity
- Pain relief
Debunking the Five Most Common Meditation Myths
A TEDX Talks with Light Watkins
Part of the confusion surrounding meditation lies in the slew of misconceptions, such as the notion that your thoughts are the enemy, or that there is no correct way to meditate.
In this TEDx talk, Light sheds light on what he's discovered are the five most common meditation myths that can cause a well-meaning meditation practitioner to discard their daily practice, or worse, to feel that they are incapable of meditating.
Of course, there is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to anything, but there are best practices that can apply to all activities, meditation included.
If you’re having a hard time with meditation, or find it confusing, watch this talk and get some insight into the misconceptions that may be blocking you from experiencing the full benefits of this very simple practice.
After you graduate from the Vedic Meditation training, you can repeat it as many times as you'd like with any teacher in the worldwide Vedic network at no additional cost. Click below to see the calendar along with more support resources.
"Light saved my life! Take it from a nebbishy neurotic anxious manic depressive comedian who used to hyperventilate his way through life - meditation saved me, and Light taught me the way!"
"Since Light reframed what meditation was for me, I am able to practice more effectively than ever before. I get to enjoy the journey of meditation, free of the frustrations I used to be confronted by."
Host, Australian Idol
"Light's training was game-changer. Becoming a daily meditator not only improved my sleep, but it has completely changed the way I operate as a human being. I highly recommend it."
Actor, The Vampire Diaries
For more information, email email@example.com